WAN-IFRA: Can you tell our readers about your title and how long you’ve been in the industry?
David Matoses: My professional career in the publishing world began in 1995 at a publishing house in Barcelona – Editorial Planeta. In 2006, I became the manager of a publishing house in Colombia and in 2008 I started working at El Tiempo newspaper. In total, I have been working in this industry for 27 years.
How has your company tackled the paper challenges?
Paper continues to be a fundamental element in terms of depth and analysis of news, in contrast to the immediacy and speed of digital. For a newspaper, this role is not new, as it was with the advent of radio and television. However, in an era of digitisation, this role has become rather accentuated. Therefore, we must work on improving the quality of the information to add meaningful value to our readers. We are even thinking of changing the design and format to help us improve the perception of quality that a paper must have. There are at least two generations that will continue to enjoy deep reading on a paper, and we must cater to them with quality.
What are your main challenges in distribution?
Distribution is one of the main challenges in terms of cost and time. A large part of our readers want to enjoy their breakfast with our newspaper. Considering the vast geography of the country, this forces us to have several printing and distribution centres. This can only be achieved with deeper alliances, where comp…
Keen to read more? This content is exclusively available to our WAN-IFRA Members. If you believe your company is already a member, or you’d like to join in a personal capacity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org If you’re a media journalist please reach out to email@example.com
The post El Tiempo’s David Matoses: ‘Printed newspapers have a very powerful brand value’ appeared first on WAN-IFRA.
- How Mediahuis used data to increase retention by 14 percent in 3 months
- 4 Lessons from 4 years as an Impact Editor – and why your newsroom needs one
- Ganadores a los Premios Digital Media Américas 2023
- Should every journalist be able to create videos? Le Parisien and NTM share contrasting video strategies
- How The Times UK aims to boost subscriptions with New Navigation
- jún 2023
- máj 2023
- apríl 2023
- marec 2023
- február 2023
- január 2023
- december 2022
- november 2022
- október 2022
- september 2022
- august 2022
- júl 2022
- jún 2022
- máj 2022
- apríl 2022
- marec 2022
- február 2022
- január 2022
- december 2021
- november 2021
- október 2021
- september 2021
- august 2021
- júl 2021
- jún 2021
- máj 2021
- How Mediahuis used data to increase retention by 14 percent in 3 months 7. júna 2023
- 4 Lessons from 4 years as an Impact Editor – and why your newsroom needs one 7. júna 2023
- Ganadores a los Premios Digital Media Américas 2023 1. júna 2023
- Should every journalist be able to create videos? Le Parisien and NTM share contrasting video strategies 1. júna 2023
- How The Times UK aims to boost subscriptions with New Navigation 1. júna 2023