The first day of WAN-IFRA’s World Printers Summit ended with a “Panel of Newspaper Production Executives”, with speakers sharing insights about the situation in different parts of Europe and Asia, such as Belgium and the Netherlands, Germany, Sweden, and India.
Click here to watch the full recording of the session on YouTube, and here to find the recordings of the remaining WPS sessions.
The panellists included:
Managing Director, Coldset Printing Partners, Belgium
Director – Technical, Bennett Coleman Co Ltd. (Times of India)
Managing Director, Bold Printing Stockholm, Sweden
Jan Dirk Elstermann
Publisher, NOZ, Germany
Ingi Rafn Olafsson, Director of WAN-IFRA’s World Printers Forum, acted as Moderator of the panel.
Successful businesses, but ongoing consolidation in Belgium and the Netherlands
Paul Huybrecht gave a quick introduction of Belgium media house Mediahuis, the mother company of Coldset Printing Partners. They are active in Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxemburg, Ireland and since the beginning of 2022 also in Germany (with the Medienhaus Aachen):
(Huybrecht showed this slide during his presentation at the virtual World News Media Congress 2021.)
He shared a summary of the last years in his company and the media market situation in Belgium and the Netherlands:
Despite Covid, we had two excellent years.
We saw people really willing to pay for quality content.
We had a remarkabl…
Keen to read more? This content is exclusively available to our WAN-IFRA Members. If you believe your company is already a member, or you’d like to join in a personal capacity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org If you’re a media journalist please reach out to email@example.com
The post World Printers Summit brings international production experts together appeared first on WAN-IFRA.
- Six Steps Towards an AI strategy for news – and other findings from Generating Change report
- How Indonesia’s Kompas is growing its digital business
- Protected: Digital Media Africa 2023 recordings
- Embrace evolution: Print augments the growth of new media
- Can better immigration reporting help quell hate?
- september 2023
- august 2023
- júl 2023
- jún 2023
- máj 2023
- apríl 2023
- marec 2023
- február 2023
- január 2023
- december 2022
- november 2022
- október 2022
- september 2022
- august 2022
- júl 2022
- jún 2022
- máj 2022
- apríl 2022
- marec 2022
- február 2022
- január 2022
- december 2021
- november 2021
- október 2021
- september 2021
- august 2021
- júl 2021
- jún 2021
- máj 2021
- Six Steps Towards an AI strategy for news – and other findings from Generating Change report 21. septembra 2023
- How Indonesia’s Kompas is growing its digital business 20. septembra 2023
- Protected: Digital Media Africa 2023 recordings 18. septembra 2023
- Embrace evolution: Print augments the growth of new media 18. septembra 2023
- Can better immigration reporting help quell hate? 15. septembra 2023