During the second session of the first day, Gundula Ullah, Chief Procurement & Sustainability Officer of the Funke Mediengruppe, Germany, and Shyam Shanker, Director – Business & Commercial at Bennett, Coleman and Co. Ltd. (Times Group), India, discussed “Sustainable Procurement for Newspaper Production”, with Thomas Isaksen, Managing Director of Den Danske Presses Faellesindkøbs-Forening, acting as moderator.
“It’s a difficult time for production of newspapers, a difficult time for transportation
and it’s a very difficult time to get the right sourcing into our business,
so procurement is a key issue.”
In fact, the issue of procurement is one of the biggest issues facing newspapers. First, the Covid pandemic caused enormous challenges to the supply chains, directly followed by Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. In this session, two procurement executives told their stories:
First Gundula Ullah presented the “Sustainable Procurement for Newspaper Production” of Funke Mediengruppe (“a house of stories”, in her own words). For Funke, sustainability needs to be one thing: “Credible”.
Funke’s sustainability move and strategy includes:
A selection of 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals
The upcoming EU Supply Chain Act
Compliance of the German “Lieferkettensorgfaltspflichtengesetz” (a description of this law in English can be found here)
Reduction of carbon-dioxide (CO2) output and energy consumption
Keen to read more? This content is exclusively available to our WAN-IFRA Members. If you believe your company is already a member, or you’d like to join in a personal capacity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org If you’re a media journalist please reach out to email@example.com
The post World Printers Summit 2022 discussed sustainable procurement and disruptions in supply chains appeared first on WAN-IFRA.
- WAN-IFRA announces 2022 European Digital Media Awards winners
- AFP launches digital skills training for all journalists
- How Schibsted’s PodMe podcast platform has brought in 170,000 paying subscribers
- Content and trust important for growth: Key message from Indian Media Leaders eSummit 2022
- World News Day 2022: Join the global campaign to show journalism’s value
- WAN-IFRA announces 2022 European Digital Media Awards winners 4. júla 2022
- AFP launches digital skills training for all journalists 1. júla 2022
- How Schibsted’s PodMe podcast platform has brought in 170,000 paying subscribers 30. júna 2022
- Content and trust important for growth: Key message from Indian Media Leaders eSummit 2022 29. júna 2022
- World News Day 2022: Join the global campaign to show journalism’s value 29. júna 2022