During the second session of the first day, Gundula Ullah, Chief Procurement & Sustainability Officer of the Funke Mediengruppe, Germany, and Shyam Shanker, Director – Business & Commercial at Bennett, Coleman and Co. Ltd. (Times Group), India, discussed “Sustainable Procurement for Newspaper Production”, with Thomas Isaksen, Managing Director of Den Danske Presses Faellesindkøbs-Forening, acting as moderator.
“It’s a difficult time for production of newspapers, a difficult time for transportation
and it’s a very difficult time to get the right sourcing into our business,
so procurement is a key issue.”
In fact, the issue of procurement is one of the biggest issues facing newspapers. First, the Covid pandemic caused enormous challenges to the supply chains, directly followed by Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. In this session, two procurement executives told their stories:
First Gundula Ullah presented the “Sustainable Procurement for Newspaper Production” of Funke Mediengruppe (“a house of stories”, in her own words). For Funke, sustainability needs to be one thing: “Credible”.
Funke’s sustainability move and strategy includes:
A selection of 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals
The upcoming EU Supply Chain Act
Compliance of the German “Lieferkettensorgfaltspflichtengesetz” (a description of this law in English can be found here)
Reduction of carbon-dioxide (CO2) output and energy consumption
Keen to read more? This content is exclusively available to our WAN-IFRA Members. If you believe your company is already a member, or you’d like to join in a personal capacity, please contact email@example.com If you’re a media journalist please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
The post World Printers Summit 2022 discussed sustainable procurement and disruptions in supply chains appeared first on WAN-IFRA.
- Spanish publishers honour the courage and professionalism of their war correspondents in Ukraine
- Women still missing from the top table in media – fixing this could change your prospects
- Women in News research confirms extent of gender gap at top levels of media
- Newsprint: Washington Post launches interactive ‘year in news’ feature
- How The New York Times is growing subscription products beyond news
- Spanish publishers honour the courage and professionalism of their war correspondents in Ukraine 5. decembra 2022
- Women still missing from the top table in media – fixing this could change your prospects 2. decembra 2022
- Women in News research confirms extent of gender gap at top levels of media 2. decembra 2022
- Newsprint: Washington Post launches interactive ‘year in news’ feature 1. decembra 2022
- How The New York Times is growing subscription products beyond news 29. novembra 2022