Das Interview auf Deutsch lesen
WAN-IFRA: Your newspaper has one of the largest circulations in India. What are your main priorities for this year?
Snehasis Roy: ‘Back to business’ for our newspapers is the key priority in fiscal year 2022-23. With the Indian economy booming post pandemic, we see the demand for advertisements in newspapers coming back. Balancing the re-growth of circulation in key markets across audience will be a priority, too.
Production quality has been quite high at The Times of India, how do you maintain this? And what are some of the challenges in trying to further improve it?
Production quality has always been a key focus for our publications. We cater to the premium audience with better advertising rates. Our clients expect good visual reproduction of their creatives. Excellence in colour reproduction and consistency across geography calls for systems orientation as opposed to local brilliance. Further improvement is achieved with product innovations and by the use of premium substrates. However, availability and lead time for non-standard SKU has remained a challenge.
Artificial Intelligence is on the rise in newsrooms, do you see some potential for using it in newspaper production?
Yes, we were working on a few projects on AI that have taken a back seat due to pandemic challenges.
How has the breakdown of supply chains been affecting your company?
It has been a challenging time since December last year with import of most of …
Keen to read more? This content is exclusively available to our WAN-IFRA Members. If you believe your company is already a member, or you’d like to join in a personal capacity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org If you’re a media journalist please reach out to email@example.com
The post Snehasis Roy: ‘Back to business’ is key priority for Times of India appeared first on WAN-IFRA.
- How Mediahuis used data to increase retention by 14 percent in 3 months
- 4 Lessons from 4 years as an Impact Editor – and why your newsroom needs one
- Ganadores a los Premios Digital Media Américas 2023
- Should every journalist be able to create videos? Le Parisien and NTM share contrasting video strategies
- How The Times UK aims to boost subscriptions with New Navigation
- jún 2023
- máj 2023
- apríl 2023
- marec 2023
- február 2023
- január 2023
- december 2022
- november 2022
- október 2022
- september 2022
- august 2022
- júl 2022
- jún 2022
- máj 2022
- apríl 2022
- marec 2022
- február 2022
- január 2022
- december 2021
- november 2021
- október 2021
- september 2021
- august 2021
- júl 2021
- jún 2021
- máj 2021
- How Mediahuis used data to increase retention by 14 percent in 3 months 7. júna 2023
- 4 Lessons from 4 years as an Impact Editor – and why your newsroom needs one 7. júna 2023
- Ganadores a los Premios Digital Media Américas 2023 1. júna 2023
- Should every journalist be able to create videos? Le Parisien and NTM share contrasting video strategies 1. júna 2023
- How The Times UK aims to boost subscriptions with New Navigation 1. júna 2023