The brand, with 50 million digital users, produces around 2,000 pieces of content every day, across 70 cities, and since the paywall is in a nascent stage, the focus this year has been on consumer acquisition.
The brand’s paywall offering, at this point, can neither be called metered nor hard, since aside from 350-400 premium pieces, all the content is free to access on the website and apps.
Radhika Shukla, Head of Growth and Strategy, TOI+ and Newspoint, Times Internet Ltd., joined WAN-IFRA’s recent Digital Media India Conference to share the brand’s subscription journey to date and their initial learnings.
The paywalled content includes expert opinion, newsletters, podcasts, crossword, and in-depth news analysis, heavily driven by data and charts in an easy to consume form.
Once a user becomes a subscriber, they are shifted to an ad-lite model.
Currently, ToI+ offers only one yearly subscription plan at a very competitive price of Rs 599 (€ 7.24) (Android and browser) and Rs 799 (€ 9.66) (iOS).
The brand also offers a Times Prime membership that has been dubbed a super subscription service that provides access to over 15 premium subscriptions and offers from more than 20 brands, such as SonyLiv, Disney+Hotstar, Cricbuzz, Uber, Starbucks and Myntra amongst others.
Since ToI+ is only a year old, the brand’s biggest focus this year has been strategising customer acquisition that has been categorised thus:
Keen to read more? This content is exclusively available to our WAN-IFRA Members. If you believe your company is already a member, or you’d like to join in a personal capacity, please contact email@example.com If you’re a media journalist please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
The post How ToI+ drives subscriptions through data-driven user analysis appeared first on WAN-IFRA.
- How Mediahuis used data to increase retention by 14 percent in 3 months
- 4 Lessons from 4 years as an Impact Editor – and why your newsroom needs one
- Ganadores a los Premios Digital Media Américas 2023
- Should every journalist be able to create videos? Le Parisien and NTM share contrasting video strategies
- How The Times UK aims to boost subscriptions with New Navigation
- jún 2023
- máj 2023
- apríl 2023
- marec 2023
- február 2023
- január 2023
- december 2022
- november 2022
- október 2022
- september 2022
- august 2022
- júl 2022
- jún 2022
- máj 2022
- apríl 2022
- marec 2022
- február 2022
- január 2022
- december 2021
- november 2021
- október 2021
- september 2021
- august 2021
- júl 2021
- jún 2021
- máj 2021
- How Mediahuis used data to increase retention by 14 percent in 3 months 7. júna 2023
- 4 Lessons from 4 years as an Impact Editor – and why your newsroom needs one 7. júna 2023
- Ganadores a los Premios Digital Media Américas 2023 1. júna 2023
- Should every journalist be able to create videos? Le Parisien and NTM share contrasting video strategies 1. júna 2023
- How The Times UK aims to boost subscriptions with New Navigation 1. júna 2023