“It’s the one that has the best opening rate of our newsletters, and it’s something our competitors don’t deal with,” Fanny Bonjean, Head of Audience Engagement at Le Parisien, told participants during a WAN-IFRA webinar on “Topic-focused and Niche Newsletters.”
In a previous WAN-IFRA webinar from late 2020, Sophie Gourmelen, Managing Director and Publisher of Le Parisien, had shared how the publisher’s recently launched #LeParisien200000 digital transformation project was unfolding. A specific goal there is to reach 200,000 digital subscribers in five years.
Another part of the overall transformation project is around investing and embracing new technology (and data). Le Parisien also participated in the WAN-IFRA Table Stakes Europe programme in 2020.
Between 2019 and 2020, Le Parisien doubled its numbers of digital subscribers and its revenues from digital subscriptions largely through an effort to produce far more “premium” articles that are for subscribers only. The website now features a hybrid of metered and paywalled (premium) content.
Part of a commitment to its audience
The Buying Power newsletter is aimed at people who actually don’t have a lot of buying power and are looking for tips to help them better manage their budget and get more for their money, Bonjean said.
The newsletter also reflects Le Parisien’s commitment to its audience, which tends to be less affluent, she said.
Buying Power is a way to show readers that Le Parisien cares about the …
Keen to read more? This content is exclusively available to our WAN-IFRA Members. If you believe your company is already a member, or you’d like to join in a personal capacity, please contact email@example.com If you’re a media journalist please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
The post Le Parisien’s Buying Power newsletter resonates with readers appeared first on WAN-IFRA.
- ‘In the 21st century, the newsroom is the business’ – Doug Smith on sustaining journalism
- AI use cases: How genAI summaries are boosting Daily Maverick’s readership
- Originator Profile: Cross-industry project aims for safer cyberspace
- Six Steps Towards an AI strategy for news – and other findings from Generating Change report
- How Indonesia’s Kompas is growing its digital business
- september 2023
- august 2023
- júl 2023
- jún 2023
- máj 2023
- apríl 2023
- marec 2023
- február 2023
- január 2023
- december 2022
- november 2022
- október 2022
- september 2022
- august 2022
- júl 2022
- jún 2022
- máj 2022
- apríl 2022
- marec 2022
- február 2022
- január 2022
- december 2021
- november 2021
- október 2021
- september 2021
- august 2021
- júl 2021
- jún 2021
- máj 2021
- ‘In the 21st century, the newsroom is the business’ – Doug Smith on sustaining journalism 29. septembra 2023
- AI use cases: How genAI summaries are boosting Daily Maverick’s readership 29. septembra 2023
- Originator Profile: Cross-industry project aims for safer cyberspace 28. septembra 2023
- Six Steps Towards an AI strategy for news – and other findings from Generating Change report 21. septembra 2023
- How Indonesia’s Kompas is growing its digital business 20. septembra 2023