“It’s the one that has the best opening rate of our newsletters, and it’s something our competitors don’t deal with,” Fanny Bonjean, Head of Audience Engagement at Le Parisien, told participants during a WAN-IFRA webinar on “Topic-focused and Niche Newsletters.”
In a previous WAN-IFRA webinar from late 2020, Sophie Gourmelen, Managing Director and Publisher of Le Parisien, had shared how the publisher’s recently launched #LeParisien200000 digital transformation project was unfolding. A specific goal there is to reach 200,000 digital subscribers in five years.
Another part of the overall transformation project is around investing and embracing new technology (and data). Le Parisien also participated in the WAN-IFRA Table Stakes Europe programme in 2020.
Between 2019 and 2020, Le Parisien doubled its numbers of digital subscribers and its revenues from digital subscriptions largely through an effort to produce far more “premium” articles that are for subscribers only. The website now features a hybrid of metered and paywalled (premium) content.
Part of a commitment to its audience
The Buying Power newsletter is aimed at people who actually don’t have a lot of buying power and are looking for tips to help them better manage their budget and get more for their money, Bonjean said.
The newsletter also reflects Le Parisien’s commitment to its audience, which tends to be less affluent, she said.
Buying Power is a way to show readers that Le Parisien cares about the …
Keen to read more? This content is exclusively available to our WAN-IFRA Members. If you believe your company is already a member, or you’d like to join in a personal capacity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org If you’re a media journalist please reach out to email@example.com
The post Le Parisien’s Buying Power newsletter resonates with readers appeared first on WAN-IFRA.
- Stars4Media NEWS: 14 projects selected to explore innovation in European media
- Schwäbisches Tagblatt reaches young and female audiences with a new crime podcast
- WAN-IFRA, GNI offer digital transformation workshops for publishers in Thailand, Pakistan and Bangladesh
- WAN-IFRA strengthens its presence in Spain and Latin America
- Print is back in business: Key message from IPS 2022
- Stars4Media NEWS: 14 projects selected to explore innovation in European media 23. septembra 2022
- Schwäbisches Tagblatt reaches young and female audiences with a new crime podcast 22. septembra 2022
- WAN-IFRA, GNI offer digital transformation workshops for publishers in Thailand, Pakistan and Bangladesh 19. septembra 2022
- WAN-IFRA strengthens its presence in Spain and Latin America 19. septembra 2022
- Print is back in business: Key message from IPS 2022 16. septembra 2022